Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Smithsonian :: butterfly garden

 



 































 
...
 
Top: Charlotte Russe | Skirt: old | Sandals: Forever 21 | Bracelets: EmmaShov collection | Tote: Invoke Thy Quote
 
Location: Washington, DC
Smithsonian - National Museum of Natural History
 
(By the way, lighting was awful so it was really hard to take pictures. They had heating lamps literally everywhere, that's why most of the pictures have a yellow tint to them. Plus it was like a sauna in there! Butterflies do love the heat.)
 
Have you ever been to the Smithsonian Museum? If you're ever in Washington DC, that's a must. There are a few Smithsonian's, the one we went to was the National Museum of Natural History and if you think you've seen it all... you haven't been to this one! The building itself is so grand. The detailing and architecture is absolutely amazing and beautiful. Best of all, general admission is FREE!! Now you really have no excuse why not to go.
 
We walked around the whole museum and pretty mush saw everything there was to see. Reading up on some of the fun facts was interesting and even though I remembered seeing most of the same/similar exhibits when I was in middle and high school, it was much more entertaining this time around.
 
The only thing we did pay for was the Butterfly Pavilion. The few people that know me well, know my obsession with butterflies. So that was a must see on our list. The general admission for that was only $6.00. It was well worth it for me! They organized groups to go in every 5 minutes. So they would allow about 10-15 people into the pavilion at a time. I was way to excited so we lined up early and they let us in way before our scheduled time. We were probably in there for about 30 minutes. It isn't the biggest Butterfly Pavilion I've ever been to. I remember the one in Seattle, WA about twice the size. But this was still absolutely incredible. If only you've seen me and my face. I was like a little kid in a candy store, beyond excited!! It was truly the highlight of my day.
 
It was really sad to see some of their wings torn up. People don't realize how fragile they are. They're Gods beautiful creation, please respect them.
 
Thank you so much for reading! Have a blessed rest of the week.
 
Xo- Katy M.


No comments:

Post a Comment